Guidelines For Office Pool Lottery Play
Make your Lottery Pool Fun and Fair: Create Guidelines, Pick a Leader, Copy or Photograph Tickets, Keep the Ticket Secure.
Tips for Successful Pool Play
- Know the rules of your office pool and put them in writing. Group play details should be discussed, written and distributed to all members as the group's official rules. Some issues to address include: if a regular playing member is not present on lottery collection day will they be included or excluded?; What if a regular player has someone else put in money towards their game share, do both players receive an equal share?; Can players come in and out of the group? When the rules are in writing, there is no question on how to split the funds and who was actually in the pool and who was not.
- Get copies of your tickets. This is essential in keeping group play fun and controversy free. Make certain all members receive a copy of all tickets purchased for your pool PRIOR to the lottery drawing. This should include the serial numbers on the back of the tickets.
- The ticket purchaser must designate personally purchased tickets prior to a drawing. These tickets should not be included in the distributed copies of the group tickets.
- Get the names and phone numbers of everyone involved in your pool, particularly the individuals who are in charge of purchasing the tickets and the person who will hold the tickets.
- Know where and when your tickets are being purchased. Get that information before the drawing. Find out the name and address of the retailer that the ticket buyer plans to visit as well as the approximate time of purchase.