NJ Lottery Presents a Virtual Anniversary Day Celebration
The Facebook Live Event Will Celebrate the Lottery’s 50th Anniversary and Feature Prize Giveaways
TRENTON (Dec. 14, 2020) – The New Jersey Lottery is proud to commemorate its 50th Anniversary with an online prize giveaway event to celebrate its players. This Wednesday, December 16, NJ Lottery will be hosting a Facebook Live event where players are encouraged to check-in, watch the celebration, and enter to be one of 50 winners receiving $500 in Scratch-Offs.
“Fifty years of operation means that a group of people took an idea and turned it into a reality. They worked together, dreamed with each other and created an agency that others emulated and admired. Over its fifty years of operation the Lottery has returned over $28 billion to the State. Fifty years of success is not an accident. It demands hard-work to be successful, others have to dream with you and build upon the original idea. No one knows what fifty years will look like, but if you are lucky, it looks like the New Jersey Lottery. We have an amazing group of employees, tenacious partners and committed players. We can’t wait to see what the next 50 years look like,” said Lottery Executive Director James A. Carey, Jr.
The first New Jersey Lottery tickets went on sale December 16, 1970, and this year-end event is the perfect way to cap off NJ Lottery’s 50th anniversary celebration. The Lottery has been celebrating its 50th anniversary throughout the year, with milestone events such as:
- Kicking off two events with over $50,000 in various prizes available to attendees 18 and over, some that were literally “up for grabs” with the premier of the New Jersey Lottery’s CA$HNADO, an interactive, prize-grabbing, everybody-is-watching experience;
- Giving away $40,000 in instant cash prizes as part of a massive Pick-3 second-chance promotion;
- Introducing the Multiplier Family of Scratch-Offs, a Scratch-Offs game series with the largest prize pool ever;
- Launching the biggest Scratch-Off ticket ever, Super 50, with 50 chances to win on each card; distributing gold 50th anniversary commemorative coins to players to highlight the 50th Golden Summer;
- Holding a Facebook live event in October to replace the canceled Balloon Festival where players were eligible to win prizes of Scratch-Off tickets and watch a launch of the New Jersey Lottery anniversary cake balloon;
- Boosting the Fast Play Progressive jackpot by $50,000 and awarding 50 players $50 in Scratch-Offs each week for 50 weeks throughout the year (2,500 winners!)
“This year has been filled with excitement, big wins and a change from live to digital events. Hopefully, it will allow us to be able to bring some good fortune to many people in an otherwise turbulent year. January started off with a bang when we were able to celebrate with hundreds of players from around the state. As challenges were presented, we met them with creativity and by pulling together as a team. We can’t wait for this last opportunity to surprise and delight our players this year,” said Carey.
The Virtual Anniversary Day Celebration will be held live on the official NJ Lottery Facebook page at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 16. Participants are encouraged to enter for the chance to win prizes by responding to a question announced during the event, share lottery stories, answer trivia questions, and enjoy the entertainment.
For more information, visit our website at NJLottery.com. The official NJ Lottery Facebook page can be located here: https://www.facebook.com/NewJerseyLottery. Participants must be 18 or older to win prizes.