LINKS TO OTHER SITES - DISCLAIMER
The New Jersey Lottery exercises no control over the third-party organization's views, accuracy, copyright or trademark compliance, or the legality of the material contained on those websites, and does not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information, content, products, materials, opinions or services contained on such external sites. Furthermore, when you follow a link to another website, portions of the information contained on an external website may be incorrect or out-of-date. The New Jersey Lottery does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by external sites.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
Information You Voluntarily Share
The New Jersey Lottery collects and uses information that you voluntarily share when you interact or communicate with the New Jersey Lottery. These interactions include, for example, when you sign up for an interaction with the New Jersey Lottery, including filling out an online form or request to receive text and/or email notifications; when you participate in New Jersey Lottery sponsored events such as a survey, sweepstakes or promotion, including second chance drawing promotions; when you like, follow or interact with us on any of our Social Media Platforms; or when you register for a New Jersey Lottery VIP Club Account.
When you choose to interact with the New Jersey Lottery through any of the Services, the New Jersey Lottery may collect personal information about you, which may include but is not limited to the following:
- postal address and zip code (including shipping address and zip code);
- date of birth;
- geolocation information;
- driver's license, government-issued ID, social security number, or passport;
- email address(es);
- telephone number(s);
- social media account information;
- your image or likeness, including audio, video and/or photographs; and
- New Jersey Lottery VIP Club account number and/or password.
The New Jersey Lottery limits the collection of personal information to that which is necessary to carry out its legitimate business activities and lawful purposes as described in the New Jersey Lottery Law.
The New Jersey Lottery may also collect information that you voluntarily provide by interacting with the New Jersey Lottery through any of the Services, for example, when you:
- Provide content in connection with any survey response, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or second chance drawings;
- Contact the New Jersey Lottery with a question, comment, complaint, or to request assistance;
- Interact with us on any of our Social Media Platforms, including if you "like", "follow", or otherwise connect with or post to one of the New Jersey Lottery's Social Media Platforms, including the number of "likes", the content "followed" and/or posted, and the Social Media Platform(s) utilized; and
- Make communication-related, marketing-related, and/or Lottery-related preferences through your New Jersey Lottery VIP Club Account.
Cookies and Other Information Automatically Collected
The New Jersey Lottery and/or its third-party service providers may automatically collect information whenever you access, visit or browse the New Jersey Lottery's Services or when you interact with the New Jersey Lottery through the Services, which may include but is not limited to your domain name, browser type, operating system, the date and time you visited the Website and/or used the Mobile App, and your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (collectively, referred to herein as a "Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device, and we may identify your device by its Device Identifier.
You consent to the Cookies on the New Jersey Lottery's Website, Mobile App or any other Services if you continue to use the New Jersey Lottery's Website, Mobile App or any other Services.
- From Other Sources: The New Jersey Lottery may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other parties. We may also receive your personal information from other agencies and departments within the State of New Jersey.
- Mobile Devices: When you use or access the New Jersey Lottery's Services from a mobile device, the New Jersey Lottery and and/or its third-party service providers may collect information such as your Device Identifier and your location. If you download and use the Mobile App, the New Jersey Lottery and/or its third-party service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your Device Identifier.
- Do Not Track Signals: The New Jersey Lottery and/or its third-party service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit the New Jersey Lottery's Website and Mobile App.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Use of Information
The New Jersey Lottery uses the information we collect and/or receive about you, including personal information, in order to conduct our legitimate business activities, to improve your use of and interaction with the Services, and as necessary or appropriate for legal reasons. For example, we may use information that we collect and/or receive about you to, among other things:
- Confirm you are eligible to participate in sweepstakes, promotions and/or second chance drawing opportunities conducted by or on behalf of the New Jersey Lottery;
- Fulfill prizes awarded in connection with promotions, sweepstakes and/or second chance drawing opportunities conducted by or on behalf of the New Jersey Lottery;
- Personalize and improve your interactions and experience with, and your use of, our Services;
- Send you requested information or respond to your questions, comments or complaints;
- Carry out data analysis; analyze Website and Mobile App traffic, conduct audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; internal quality assurance; development of new services; enhancements, improvements or modifications to our Services; identification of usage trends; and audit the use and functionality of our Services;
- Notify you of promotions, game information, winner information, special offers, survey and research opportunities, news and events, etc.;
- In accordance with any consent you may have provided;
- Provide relevant information to certain third-party service providers in connection with our legitimate business activities;
- Respond to or fulfill any requests, questions, comments or complaints related to Services;
- Conduct research and the analysis of research results; and
- Administer the New Jersey Lottery VIP Club account and other player accounts;
The New Jersey Lottery may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our third-party service providers, including our social media and analytics partners to achieve these objectives and others, but remember, that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. The New Jersey Lottery may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third parties, who may in turn use this information to provide additional services tailored to your needs, but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
Disclosure of Information
The New Jersey Lottery will not disclose your personal information to others unless: (1) you provide appropriate consent in advance of the disclosure; or (2) we are permitted or required by law to disclose.
HOW DOES THE LOTTERY SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
The New Jersey Lottery takes reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic safeguards to secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure; thus, we cannot ensure the security of all information you provide to us via the Services.
Any New Jersey Lottery related accounts that you voluntarily open, create or register for in connection with any of the Services, including but not limited to a New Jersey Lottery VIP Club account, are personal to you and should not be used by any other person. You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and related account information and for any and all activities that may occur under your account, regardless of whether you authorized such access or use. You agree to (a) immediately notify the New Jersey Lottery of any unauthorized use or suspected unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security in connection with your accounts on the Website or Mobile App to which you become aware, and (b) exit completely from each of your accounts on the Website or Mobile App after each online session. The New Jersey Lottery will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using or accessing your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be liable for losses the New Jersey Lottery or another party incurs due to someone else using or accessing your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account for any of the Services at any time.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Public Access to Information in the State of New Jersey: Laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by State government. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public's right to access public records that serve various needs including the privacy of individuals. Exceptions are provided by both State and federal laws. All the information collected in connection with the Services becomes public records that may be subject to inspection and copying by members of the public, unless an exemption in law exists.
- Applications and Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure of policies and practices, including the data security, of other organizations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, YouTube, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
- Minors: The New Jersey Lottery's Services are directed to and intended to be used by, individuals 18 years of age or older. Individuals under the age of 18 must not use the New Jersey Lottery's Services or submit any personal information through any of the New Jersey Lottery's Services.
- International Transfers: If you are visiting or accessing the New Jersey Lottery's Website or Mobile App, interacting with the New Jersey Lottery through any of the Services, or are otherwise contacting the New Jersey Lottery from outside of the United States, please be advised that your information, including personal information, may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States or in countries outside of the country where you are located, and where information protection standards may differ from the country in which you are located. The New Jersey Lottery will utilize appropriate safeguards regarding the transfer and usage of your personal information. The lottery products offered for sale by the New Jersey Lottery are sold only within the State of New Jersey by licensed New Jersey Lottery retailers or agents.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we retain about you. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us, and that you update us in a timely manner if your information changes. You may update any incomplete or inaccurate personal information in your VIP Club Account. You may also request that any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held by us is corrected, by contacting us as set forth under "How Can You Contact Us?" below.
This Website uses the industry standard encryption software Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to enable secure transmission of data. The URL in your browser will change to "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP" when this security feature is used. Your browser may also display a "padlock" or "key" symbol on its task bar to indicate a secure transmission. If these indicators are not present, information may be susceptible to interception by other parties. Most internet email communication is not considered secure. If you are communicating sensitive information, please consider sending it by postal mail or contacting the New Jersey Lottery by phone.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
P.O. Box 041
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0041
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 13, 2019